This is definitely one of my go-to recipes for a quick easy dinner and it is easily one of Dumpling Man’s favorite foods. I like it, but he LOVES it. You can substitute the chicken for turkey and it tastes just the same or even better. I would avoid using ground chicken breast since it can be pretty dry.
Tori Soboro adapted from toirokitchen.com
1lb. ground chicken (may substitute with ground turkey)
4 tbsp dashi stock, optional
3 tbsp sake
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp ground ginger
Sliced scallion, nori, egg for garnish
1. In a pan, brown the ground chicken.
2. Add the sake, soy sauce, mirin, and sugar and combine over medium-heat. Stir frequently so that the ground chicken makes nice even crumbles.
3. If it looks dry, add the dashi stock. You can substitute for chicken stock or water.
4. When the liquid in the pot is reduced down to very low (15-20 minutes after), add the ground ginger and continue to cook for another few minutes.
5. Serve over white rice.
6. Garnish with thinly sliced egg, green onions, dried nori.
Seriously, an instant and delicious dinner!